THE WEST BENGAL COLLEGE TEACHERS (SECURITY OF SERVICE) ACT, 1975.
Code of Conduct
SRSVM, Kamarpukur Hooghly
General Instructions to Students Regarding Conduct and Discipline
- Students without Identity Cards are not allowed to enter the College campus. Every student must show the Card at the main gate before entering the College.
- Students are required to maintain discipline in the College Campus.
- Students are required to maintain the cleanliness of the Campus and cooperate with the authorities to keep the College Green.
- Students must attend their classes regularly and maintain 75% attendance as per the requirement of the University of Burdwan to appear in the final examination. This should be treated as extremely important.
- Students must not enter or leave the class without the permission of the teacher when the class is in progress.
- Students must not indulge in noisy or disorderly conduct within and outside the classroom when a class is going on. They must not loiter about in the corridors to disturb the class.
- Students must behave courteously with the members of the staff and their fellow students both inside and outside the College campus.
- Students have to compulsory enrol in any of the Add On/Certificate Courses conducted by the College in compliance with NEP.
- Students should join the NSS/NCC units in the College and actively participate in all extra co-curricular activities organised in the College.
- Students should not indulge in the malpractice of disfiguring and damaging college properties including the walls, doors, windows and furniture etc.,
As per the judgement of the Supreme Court of India, the College strictly adheres to and implements stringent anti-ragging policies.
Internal Complaints Committee
As per the provisions of POSH Act and UGC directives
The College academic curricula will strictly adhere to the Academic Calender as given in the College website.
- The office opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 5 p.m.
- Classes commence at 10 a.m. and dissolve at 4.00 p.m.
- Each class is of 1h duration.
- The cash counter remains open until 2.30 p.m. for student activities and upto 4.00 pm only for official work.
- Certificate Courses and Value Added Courses are held in the afternoon.
Classes will be held as per the master routine framed at the beginning of each semester. The students are required to keep in touch with their respective Departments for any necessary notifications regarding Honours and Major classes.
Percentage of Attendance for Unit Tests
Students are required to have 60% attendance in class to appear in the Internal Assessments. Students failing to secure the requisite 60% attendance will NOT be allowed to appear in Internal Assessment.